Displaying posts categorized under

HOMELAND SECURITY

Deja Vu: Pensacola Shooter Was Saudi National in U.S. for ‘Flight School’ By Tyler O’Neil

https://pjmedia.com/trending/deja-vu-pensacola-shooter-was-saudi-national-in-u-s-for-flight-school/

Four people are dead, including the assailant, after a shooting at a U.S. Navy base in Pensacola, Fla., on Friday. According to anonymous officials and Gov. Ron DeSantis, the suspect was a Saudi Arabian national in the U.S. for flight school.

That sounds familiar… Nineteen of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian nationals, and most came to the U.S. for flight training. Three hijacker-pilots, Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, and Ziad Jarrah flew to south Florida for fight training about a year before the horrific September 11, 2001 attacks.

Sean Davis, co-founder of the Federalist, noted the eerie similarity. “Just spitballing here, but maybe it’s time to take a closer look at Saudi nationals hanging out in Florida for ‘flight school.’ Kinda maybe figured we would’ve done that 18 years ago, but apparently not,” he tweeted.

Rabbi Aryeh Spero: Pensacola- High Time to Choose American Lives Over Political Correctness

PENSACOLA PROVES THAT IT IS HIGH TIME WE CHOOSE AMERICAN LIVES OVER POLITICAL CORRECTNESS AND FOOLISH “SENSITIVITY”

Today’s murderous rampage against our soldiers at Naval Air Station Pensacola was perpetrated by a foreign national from one of the Islamic countries in the Middle East. Unfortunately, this is not a surprise; for this has happened repeatedly now on numerous military bases here: Fort Hood; Little Rock, Arkansas; Tennessee; and recruitment centers; and let’s not forget 9/11 itself. The killings come from the same source and ideology.

Certain law enforcement officials, so as not to frighten the public or because they wish to be politically correct, are too often “searching” for the motive behind the terrorism. They may pretend not to know, but the American people and all reasonable and sane people in the West know that it is due an ideology, and ideology against the West, against Christianity, against Israel, and against America…against the infidel.

President Trump was correct in the beginning months of his Administration to place a halt on immigration from those countries that teach, whose religion teaches, a hate and a call to jihad. He sees his job, rightly so, as protecting the American people. We call that concept “America first.” It is basic and common sense…and moral.

There are many liberals who seem to prioritize the sensitivity of the community spawning all this murder as more important than the lives of the American individuals killed in these rampages. Perhaps their children and family are not members of the military bases across the country, nor do they frequently visit.

Clinton Colluder Protects Cartels Mexican foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard opposes terrorist designation for murderous cartels. Lloyd Billingsley

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/12/clinton-colluder-protects-cartels-lloyd-billingsley/

Last month, a Mexican drug cartel murdered nine U.S. citizens, three mothers and six of their children, including an infant of eight months. President Trump offered help in taking down the murderers but Mexican president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, AMLO, turned down the offer.

In short order, President Trump announced plans to designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations (FTO), a classification for which they are fully qualified. That got the attention of Mexico’s ruling class.

“Our problems will be solved by Mexicans,” AMLO told reporters. “We don’t want any interference from any foreign country.” That was no surprise from the man who said the murder of nine Americans was “lamentable,” and who announced a strategy of “abrazos, no balazos,” – “hugs not bullets” – to deal with the cartels.

Also worthy of attention was the response of Mexican foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard. As he proclaimed, “Mexico will never admit any action that would be a violation of its national sovereignty.” It was not a new theme for the Mexican foreign minister, a former mayor of Mexico City and a presidential hopeful his own self.

After President Trump cut off aid to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, and threatened to shut down the border with Mexico, Ebrard proclaimed, “Mexico does not act on the basis of threats. We are a great neighbor.” Americans might wonder about that.

Spies Like Omar Troubling revelations in Florida trial of Qatari emir Sheik Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani. Lloyd Billingsley

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/11/spies-omar-lloyd-billingsley/

Minnesota Democrat Ilhan Omar “was recruited by a foreign government, received funding from a foreign government, and passed sensitive information through intermediaries to Iran,” Donna Rachel Edmunds reports in the Jerusalem Post today. According to the report, the information on Omar came during testimony from Alan Bender, a Canadian businessman born in Kuwait, in the Florida trial of Sheik Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani, a Qatari emir accused of ordering his bodyguard to murder two people and holding hostage an American citizen.

Alan Bender told the Florida District Court that “he met with Qatar’s Secretary to the Emir for Security Affairs and two other senior Qatari officials.” According to Edmunds, those officials “recruited Ilhan Omar from even way before she thought about becoming a government official,” and she became their “jewel in the crown.”

Bender testified that Qatari officials told him “the best thing money can buy is American officials, because they are the cheapest of the cheapest-costing officials in the world.” Without their money, the officials said, “Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends.”

The information Omar passed to Qatar, Bender testified, was handed to Iran and deployed in the recruitment of  other American politicians. Bender confirmed that the Jerusalem Post report about Ilhan Omar and Qatar is “accurate 100 percent.” The office of the Minnesota Democrat spoke to the Jerusalem Post and denied the allegations. The allegation that Ilhan Omar is a Qatari asset is hardly the only difficulty the Minnesota Democrat is facing.

Shocking Testimony in Florida Court Accuses Rep. Ilhan Omar of Being a Qatari ‘Asset’ By Rick Moran

https://pjmedia.com/trending/testimony-in-florida-court-accuses-rep-ilhan-omar-of-being-a-qatari-asset/

Shocking testimony in a Florida court where a Qatari-born Canadian businessman, Alan Bender, told the court in a video statement that Representative Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) is a Qatari intelligence asset who has passed on sensitive information to the government of Qatar, which then passed it on to Iran.

The testimony came during the trial of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani, the brother of the former emir of Qatar, Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. He is accused of ordering his American bodyguard to murder two people, and of holding an American citizen hostage.

Bender accused Omar of being bought by the Qatari security services and said she was getting money and support even before she ran for office.

Jerusalem Post:

According to his sworn deposition, the three officials told him: “If it wasn’t for our cash, Ilhan  Omar would be just another black Somali refugee in America collecting welfare and serving tables on weekends.”

Bender testified that the officials asked him to recruit American politicians and journalists as Qatari assets, and that when he objected, was told that several prominent figures were already on the payroll. Omar was described as the “jewel in the crown,” he said.

Modernized Missile Defense Is Vital To Counter Iran, North Korea Threats Peter J. Ferrara

https://issuesinsights.com/2019/11/23/restart-

The modern core of President Ronald Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative is called Ground-based Midcourse Defense technology (GMD). That technology can engage and destroy intermediate and long-range ballistic missiles in space to protect America’s homeland.

It relies on ground-based interceptor (GBI) rockets to deploy exoatmospheric kill vehicles (EKV) into the path of incoming nuclear warheads. Those EKVs use globally deployed sensors and sensor/propulsion technology onboard to guide the vehicle to use kinetic energy from a direct hit to destroy the incoming target vehicle. That has been proven to work to stop incoming missiles in recent tests.

The Pentagon was planning to modernize this system by replacing the old EKVs with new redesigned kill vehicles (RKVs), specifically intended to defend against possible ballistic missile attacks from North Korea and Iran. But in May this year, the Pentagon reported a two-year delay in the RKV’s development and announced a pause in the modernization as a result.

Now Michael Griffin, undersecretary of Defense for research and engineering, has issued a stop-work order to Boeing on further development of the new, more modern RKV “due to technical design problems.” Raytheon is the actual developer of the RKV, serving as a subcontractor to Boeing.

The RKV was meant to replace the EKVs on all current and future GMD interceptor rockets, a total of 64 ultimately. Currently, there are 44 GBIs at Fort Greely in Alaska and Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, with plans to add 22 additional missile silos at Fort Greely to support 20 more GBIs.

Under the new Defense Department budget, the RKV is now planned for its first intercept test in fiscal 2023. The plan is now to deploy the RKV on GBI missiles in 2025 at the soonest.

Meanwhile, the old EKV is still working, now better than ever, given the most recent tests. The Missile Defense Agency needs to complete its modernization with the new RKV before missile defense is dangerously degraded.

Former CIA Officer Sentenced to 19 Years in Prison Over Chinese Espionage Contacts By Tobias Hoonhout

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/former-cia-officer-sentenced-to-19-years-in-prison-over-chinese-espionage-contacts/

A Central Intelligence Officer who was paid nearly $1 million from Chinese sources, and admitted to taking directions from Chinese agents to reveal classified U.S. intelligence, was sentenced to 19 years in prison Friday, the third former U.S. intelligence officer to be convicted this year over contacts with China.

Jerry Chun Shing Lee, who served for over a decade in the CIA, “had firsthand knowledge of some of the CIA’s most significant secrets, from the location of operations to counterintelligence techniques to the identities of clandestine human sources and the identities of covert CIA officers,” prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memo.

Lee was arrested in January 2018 after the FBI found notebooks and a thumb drive containing classified intel on CIA operatives and locations. He pleaded guilty in May to conspiring to provide national defense information with a foreign government.

Malkin Video: Deadly Diversity Lottery Visas. Welcome to one of America’s most suicidal visa programs. VIDEO

https://jamieglazov.com/2019/11/21/malkin-video-deadly-diversity-lottery-visas/

Jonathan Greig: Macy’s holiday breach highlights retailer’s need for encryption and scrutiny of third-party systems

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/macys-holiday-breach-highlights-retailer-need-for-encryption-and-scrutiny-of-third-party-systems/

Attackers were collecting user credit card information for an entire week from the Macy’s website before they were alerted. Here’s how retailers can protect themselves.

Just a few weeks before America spends billions of dollars on Black Friday, Macy’s is facing a PR nightmare after it was forced to notify thousands of customers that their credit card information was sent to cybercriminals during a hack on October 7. 

The billion-dollar retailer, which controls nearly 600 stores across the country, said hackers injected malicious “card-skimming” JavaScript into their ‘Checkout’ and ‘My Wallet’ pages, meaning the credit card information, addresses and names of thousands were recorded on another website that could be accessed by the attackers. 

Undercover FBI agents say Chicago college student tried to write code for ISIS Grace Hauck

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/19/chicago-college-student-arrested-trying-support-isis-terrorists/4243954002/

CHICAGO — A 20-year-old U.S. college student was arrested Monday for allegedly writing computer code to help the Islamic State spread propaganda online, according to the FBI.

Thomas Osadzinski, a student at DePaul University who lives in the city’s northside neighborhood of Buena Park, was charged in a federal criminal complaint with one count of attempting to provide material support to a terrorist organization — a charge punishable by up to 20 years.

Osadzinski appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeffrey Cole in Chicago Tuesday and was ordered held without bond.

According to the complaint, Osadzinski designed a process that uses a computer script to make ISIS propaganda easier to access and disseminate on a social media platform, bypassing preventive code which routinely removes ISIS content due to the violent nature of the materials.

The complaint, however, did not identify the social media platform, saying only that it was a mobile and desktop messaging application.

Osadzinski earlier this year shared his script — and instructions for how to use it — with individuals whom he believed to be ISIS supporters and members of pro-ISIS media organizations, the complaint says. Those individuals were actually covert FBI employees and a person working with them.

Printing an ISIS poster in the DePaul library

Osadzinski was born in Park Ridge, Illinois. Agents began tracking him in June of 2018, when Osadzinski posted in a pro-ISIS chatroom, according to the complaint. Osadzinski, unsolicited, began reaching out to pro-ISIS media platforms and offering to help translate videos from Arabic to English.

“I know English well. If you need help tell me…” he wrote to an agent in Arabic on the social media platform.